W.E.A.V.E.
where lives come together and intertwine
Monday, November 12, 2007
The Unexpected happens..
I sprained my knee at church yesterday. How did I? While jumping and praising God the way I normally do!!! And I sprained it again with a loud crack when I walked down the steps at church. And I thought I dance and exercise regularly during the week. I know, how hilarious was that?? Utterly humbled and equally embarrassed. However, I can't stop laughing about my knee incident. Though, I was a little fearful that no one was going to be there to help me or no one I could rely on but God sent Jeremy and Karen to bring me home and lunch. Almost everyone's gone when I leaned against the table at church foyer feeling vulnerable not knowing who would help me and luckily Jeremy was still at church so in these words I called out "J, I need help. I need your help". Almost had tears in my eyes. Aaron and Pheebs so kindly took me to the doctor's afterwards (and also bought me groceries) and the doc says I'm homebound for 3 days!!! What? I can't go to work? I can't go to dance and gym classes? Quite disappointing because I need to put a stop to my daily and weekly routine. What am I to do sitting at home? I've done all my cleaning and there's nothing left to do..and I feel like an invalid hopping and hobbling about geting me by. Can't go out because there are no lifts so going out means taking 4 flights of stairs! There are steps in my apartment and getting up and down those six steps are quite uncomfortable.

As I sit in my bedroom this morning, I feel at a lost. I have all the time in the world but don't know how to press into God because I normally spend 30-45 mins with Him every morning so I usually make our time an intensive one - read the bible, pray, get changed go to work.

Then I realise that I have been a Martha. I enjoy being busy (but I'd like to think my life as FULL), doing things, meeting friends, running about with all the energy I have keeping me productive. Now I feel as though God is using this opportunity to make me STOP (literally stop, immobile), be a Mary and sit at His feet, enjoy Him, listening to His heartbeat, diving into His Word. Even this feels so strange to me...

Lord, forgive me for being distracted by other things. Lord I want to be placed right before You again, be distracted by You and be falling in love, captivated all over again by You Jesus. Teach me to be STILL, a quality which I lack..I love you, Lord.
So who are we?

    *We're Hudson's House Church!
    *based in melbourne
    *looking for answers
    *exploring life
    *we like journeying together
    *young punks :P
    *who love God
Just Recently...
our store room
Our Peeps =D