W.E.A.V.E.
where lives come together and intertwine
Monday, December 3, 2007
Lady Wisdom & Madame Whore
Scripture

Proverbs 9 (The Message version) Chapter headings:
Lady Wisdom gives a dinner party
Madame Whore calls out too

Observation

Oh I love how The Message version of the Bible ascribes names to the 2 opposing voices in our head. For so often, even right now as I'm writing... I find conflicting voices seem to take on a life of its own in my thoughts, fighting each other for attention to fill up the space in this blog post. There's another name for it: spiritual warfare.

Worse still, it can be very hard to discern the source of these voices. After all the N.I.V version says that they both live in the "highest point of the city."

At one corner of the ring is Lady Wisdom, telling me: Verse 6 "Leave your impoverished confusion and live!!! Walk up the street to a life with meaning." In my personal context, this means clinging desperately on to HOPE and His promise while life and the world seems to be pulling me down into the abyss.

At the other corner, Madame Whore calls out: "What you see is what you get, nothing more." It sows seeds of doubt and waits for it to harvest, it churns out 100 times more questions than answers.

Application

I admire those with child like faith, Jesus himself said the kingdom of heaven is for people like them. I notice the little girl with down syndrome at church who regularly stands at the front of church with hands outstretched, she is a lot closer to God than I am. Perhaps she can give me a lesson on God's character and love.

But I yearn to know the Truth and I refuse to live in blind faith.

I seek, but not in the hope that I am ever able to find You, rather that one day You decide to show me a glimpse of Yourself.

Prayer

Lord, what is the truth?

If You are the Truth that you claim to be, I await your grace of truth.


So who are we?

    *We're Hudson's House Church!
    *based in melbourne
    *looking for answers
    *exploring life
    *we like journeying together
    *young punks :P
    *who love God
Just Recently...
our store room
Our Peeps =D